Thursday 28 February 2013

How I Reached the Last Bench..




My name is Bhagya, I'm a UKG student
Or in other words, I'm in senior KG

I know A to Z, also 1 to 100
I mean, I already learnt them last year 

This year I'm learning words and sentences
And writing them so many times

I wake up at six to revise my lessons
And go to bed late after doing my homework

Report card said 'good' but my friend got 'excellent'
And she bullied me and said she won't ever talk to me

What did I do wrong? My mother was so angry
My father didn't talk to me last evening

I have my woes, my pain, my issues
My heart aches and I need some rest

Does anyone know how tough it is to be
A little child of four and make the world bright?

My bag weighs heavy, I know not how much
But even my mom finds it hard to lift it and walk

My back hunches and my shoulders crack
My little fingers break as I finish my notes

I'm so bored to sit through the day
On the wooden bench so narrow, crowded and crushed

I left the class to go to the washroom
And spent a few minutes to watch the little birds

I saw a squirrel playing with its mother
And I missed my mom so bad, so sad I felt

Slowly I walked towards the class so loud
They had started the new lesson of Social Studies

Am I Bhagya or Nirbhagya? No one noticed me
I crawled to the back bench where a few dreamers slept!

4 comments:

  1. My story!
    (...made sound nice by you!)
    Thank you, Sindhu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand Amit..But look at the Creations and Creators we've become...These are the results of the dreams that we dreamed in the back bench..And this has made me a teacher who would know the route to the back bench..

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sad! The lines where you have written about watching the birds are squirrels is so painful. What have we made of our kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truth is too harsh to depict Saru, which I didn't. Only a very few are lucky to have a happy childhood. Schools are bad news for little ones..

      Delete

Your comments are welcome...

To Captain, with Gratitude

  (Dedicated to Dr Rajesh M Ramankutty, Cardiothoracic surgeon, Caritas Heart Institute, Kerala. My Papa got a new lease of  life through a ...