Thursday 20 August 2020

To Captain, with Gratitude

 

Dr. Rajesh M Ramankutty - Home | Facebook(Dedicated to Dr Rajesh M Ramankutty, Cardiothoracic surgeon, Caritas Heart Institute, Kerala. My Papa got a new lease of  life through a bypass surgery and valve replacement when he was 87 yrs old. Through his constant encouragement and assurance, Papa participated in 3 state meets after his surgery winning Gold medals and also enjoys his other passion, agriculture. A kind-hearted , humble person who does his work, acknowledging that it is God who works through him. Thanks to his skills, Papa is still with us and celebrated his 90th birthday)


It was the greatest gamble of life

Trying to cross the bridge with Papa

I never knew if it was possible or right

So I set off to the shore to find help

 

There I found you who said yes

To give Papa a new lease of life

I trusted you because you trusted God

And there the journey to life began

 

As I neared the bridge I felt

A shiver and a quiver that chilled my spine

I was a misfit, with thousand worries

Lonely and lost, confused and scared

 

Captain said ‘yes’ and he took the boat

He said ‘Directions must come from above’

He moved ahead trusting God in each step

Focusing on life that was trusted in his hands

 

I panicked, I chocked, I collapsed

But Captain stood strong without shaking

He turned his back to my ignorance and fears

Because he was carrying Papa to life

 

Captain, I am so sorry to be a silly human

I gave in your hands my most precious gift on earth

I couldn’t afford to lose Papa

In the greatest gamble of life that I took

 

But believe me Captain

Without you, there was no life, no crossing of this bridge

Without you, there was no new lease of life to offer Papa

I remain ever grateful to you for sailing Papa to the shore of life

 

There are no words to thank you or say what my heart feels

To still have with me, my Papa, my Hero

May your rewards shower from Heaven

From the Master Healer who you serve.

 

1 comment:

Your comments are welcome...

To Captain, with Gratitude

  (Dedicated to Dr Rajesh M Ramankutty, Cardiothoracic surgeon, Caritas Heart Institute, Kerala. My Papa got a new lease of  life through a ...