Wednesday 6 February 2013

An Elegy to the Never Born Girls!

I hate to say this, but yet today I must say..Better if killed in the womb, than to be raped and killed and to be called 'NIRBHAYA'. To me she is 'NIRBHAGYA'. Life sentence, or torture or even hanging, nothing will equal her pain because theirs is punishment where as Nirbhaya's was physical & emotional brutal murder. Women, just take care of yourself. No man is superior to any woman as SHE is his mother!I dedicate this poem to you, dear Nirbhaya, and to all the living and dead victims of abuse and rape..with a prayer for your souls...

I know how you would've felt then
When the scissors came floating in the dark
A little scare, a little scream echoing in the womb
And all would've ended in seconds few

And then angels would've carried you
Back home sweet home 
Where you never knew pains
With tiny cherubs there to play

Look at me, a babe born as girl
I was welcomed by my folks
I had parents, I had home
And I was loved, I thought I'm safe

Nasty hands came, sharper than scissors
To kill me inch by inch alive
Couldn't scream as I was silenced
With fear that chills a girl so small


I was hurt and I was robbed
I was scared and I was numb
I was a prey in hunter's game bag
I was killed as a living child

I felt ugly, sad and guilty
I lived all life, a hollow space
I learnt the harsh truth that I am less
As I was born as a female breed

All my life I heard and saw
A hundred thousand dying lives
All because they were born as girls
A cursed birth, a despised crowd

A few might have escaped a villain's hands
But anyway a slave, a lesser kind
She could fight and fly upwards
But rarely without a male's reproach

With the grace of awesome power
We push the barriers, wiping tears
With hurtful words and deeds around
We confine in our little space

Many are killed by self or foes
Many have lost their mind and soul
Living dead, waiting for death
Bodies devoid of spirits to die

The little pain that you endured
Saved you from all years of strain
The secret walls of womb sure is
A better place to die than earth

Little angels, lucky ones
Pray to God for girls who're born
And keep all female babes safe there
Do not send them here to hell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome...

To Captain, with Gratitude

  (Dedicated to Dr Rajesh M Ramankutty, Cardiothoracic surgeon, Caritas Heart Institute, Kerala. My Papa got a new lease of  life through a ...