Sunday 10 February 2013

I'm on my way




You're bound to grow if you've chosen a path
And if you think your limits are limitless

First day on track needn't make you a winner
The miles you run may make you a champion


Smirk, criticism, words to put you down
If your vision is clear you'll try no matter what

When you prove that nothing stops you
There comes wonder, astonishment, jealousy, around

Move away they who can't see you move
Towards a height beyond their sight

Juniors jealous, seniors shun, advice plenty
Doesn't mean much as their tone cannot lie

Where have I reached and where will I reach
Doesn't matter anymore, I am on my way

With a very few to admire, I could think otherwise
Still I find my space to spread my roots firm

Attitude at each step matters than altitude I'll ever reach
As right attitude leads to high altitude, sure

Shallow applause never counts but sincere words do mean so much
Gratitude is that fills the heart, not the number surrounds

I may scale a few feet up, a multitude may clap and cheer
Some, a very few will share a smile as usual as they always did

So let me create before I'm crushed
Let the best be found from within me

My faith, your unconditional love and support
That's what really matters till the end

2 comments:

  1. I loved these parts of the poem a lot,

    "Juniors jealous, seniors shun, advice plenty
    Doesn't mean much as their tone cannot lie"
    ...and
    "Shallow applause never counts but sincere words do mean so much
    Gratitude is that fills the heart, not the number surrounds"

    It is such a meaningful poem and I bet all of us can relate and learn from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Saru..I wrote thinking of all the people moving in Faith with a very few genuine smiles around..

      Delete

Your comments are welcome...

To Captain, with Gratitude

  (Dedicated to Dr Rajesh M Ramankutty, Cardiothoracic surgeon, Caritas Heart Institute, Kerala. My Papa got a new lease of  life through a ...