Tuesday 5 February 2013

Memoirs of a Sail That Saved Part 2



Harini's letter continued...


Ma’am, it doesn't matter what you were in the past. What you really need to know is what you want to be NOW. Ask yourself what you want from your life, talk to your inner voice. Just reinvent yourself with all that you have. All that you see outside is transient. If you are changing owing to external influences even that change is transient. Reality lies within you. You can never lose realities and so you can never lose the real Sindhu inside you. You were born with your reality. The problem is, we all create the so called 'our own realities'. If you think you are not the real you, then that becomes your reality. What you have lost is your power to discern the real from the transient. You have lost direction and focus. You have let weaker thoughts enter the palace of your mind. Ma’am, wake up. No one can take anything from you and never can you lose yourself. The world is making you someone else because you let it. You did not put the barricades at the right time because you had lost your vision. (I feel like giving a bang on your head...WAKE UP) And you have lost your vision because you let too much pain enter your life, you went through a period of unbalanced thinking and by the time you could balance your thoughts it got late..you got pushed to a deeper pit..
At this point more than fighting others you will have to fight your own thoughts. Be conscious of what you think, control your thoughts. Remember, you alone can control your thoughts. Be aware of what a thought can do to you. Instead of going where the thoughts take you, direct your thoughts; you would no longer feel miserable. If your thought is focusing on the problem, direct it to focus on the solution.
So envision again!! May be you can envision something even better. Create your own world, a world full of life. May be you can be someone better than what you were. Stay focused on your purpose, God will take care of everything else. After all it was you who taught me the importance and purpose and direction in life. Yes ma’am, it's all inside you..the gold and the garbage..you just have to clean yourself.
Ma’am, I want to tell you something..It doesn't matter to me what you are now..I already know who you are and what you can be. I am also associating myself with the changeless reality that resides in you. I would walk beside you and show you the light inside you amidst the darkness you see around. I would not abandon you and let you feel lonely and miserable. I love you ma’am, not because you taught me. I just love you and can accept the way you are. So all the best for a new life! Don't give up. Do you realise that you are one among the billions of creations and you have every right to enjoy your stay in this world? You deserve a better life, ma’am. Go and claim it. You are more than what you think you are. You must act NOW to provoke a change. You are alive because you haven't fulfilled your purpose. So any intentions of fulfilling it?
If today was the last day of your life, how would you want to live every moment? What thoughts would you like to have every moment?
More than I, you need the answers. Come out of that pit at least to find the answers.
Love, Harini


Sure, Harini, I came out of the pit and fell in it a thousand times, but each time I found my way out. I never accepted it as my reality. Life is much more beautiful ever; not because it has less challenge, but I stay firm on my grounds.
Thanks a million to you, Harini. In bringing my boat safe ashore, this letter of yours was surely a sail. I was constantly reminded to focus on direction and purpose of my life. I was taught that life isn’t to sink, but to sail against the winds and tides and reach its destination.
God bless you always and may your life be a sail on calm waters.
Love, Sindhu 

You can read the first part of this blog in the link below...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome...

To Captain, with Gratitude

  (Dedicated to Dr Rajesh M Ramankutty, Cardiothoracic surgeon, Caritas Heart Institute, Kerala. My Papa got a new lease of  life through a ...