Saturday 9 February 2013

Congrats Mom!!

Mom had called yesterday. She had a surprise for me. She had gone to participate in a zonal competition from the church and won 1st place in singing, 2nd place in elocution and 3rd in Bible reading. She is 70 now!

40 years she worked in the Postal Department and earned respect from all her colleagues who used to compare her to Indira Gandhi. A very efficient person who had done and still doing so much for the family and friends and others. A helping hand in times of need and a shoulder to cry on, for all who know her. Most of all I admire her sense of humour and her readiness to play badminton and cards and carom with her grand children. At the age of 70 she takes care of her mother too.

I'm so proud of my parents. My father still winning Gold medals in masters' Athletic Championship and now my mother starting to compete and win..

Their lives teach me that till the end there is life and that has to be lived without limits and barriers and embrace success and enjoy victory whenever it comes. Age is no bar to enjoy any activity or pursue any passion.

As years pass by I remain hopeful that my better days are yet to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome...

To Captain, with Gratitude

  (Dedicated to Dr Rajesh M Ramankutty, Cardiothoracic surgeon, Caritas Heart Institute, Kerala. My Papa got a new lease of  life through a ...