Friday 29 March 2013

Will I resurrect? A soul's pang before Easter!


Life is a labyrinth where I make hardly any progress and I know the folly only when I reach the starting point again and again. It's tough to make a choice..but any choice is better than another round in the labyrinth. 

No matter how I try to make a drop of happiness, even if it overflows, there is always something or someone to make me dry. 


Yet nothing can make me empty as long as I have a source. But if I get contaminated, it is neither good for me, nor for anyone.


I am a vessel which is filled and emptied, a well that fills then goes dry. Sometimes filled plenty with showers or just enough with the drops from a deep source.


I am a being of choices and I make them out of my habit and most of the time they prove wrong with lots of bad effects.


I don't want to look down on my falls and failures. I know that I'm trying. Perhaps all my life I tried.


So, isn't there an escape? Isn't there any hope? 


I no more look up to find a way; all I see is the labyrinth of life waiting to trap me into its foolish paths. That is the way of the world.


My soul prompts me to look at my being than my going. Wherever I go, I live inside me.


I need not find a way. I must ressurect. I must die to myself to make it happen.


Yea, die to my sins, my desires, my ways, my passions, my plans, my everything. I must humble myself down to earth so that God can lift me up.


I have to die as a grain of wheat to produce much harvest. All I have to do is to die to myself.


Melting of ego brings the worst hurt in my flesh and letting go all my desires is like plucking off the feathers of my wings.


It is not with my strength that I have to fly. It is not by my power that I have to conquer.


My soul is ready but the body looks back at the labyrinth of life. A second thought? No, just a sigh!!


Jesus said 'The one who wants to be the greatest must be the servant of all.' And that's what He was.


Surrendering to the will of His Heavenly Father turned His sweat into blood. He pleaded "Father,if possible,let this cup be removed from me", immediately adding, "Yet not my will, Your will be done"


"Father, forgive them, for, they don't know what they are doing" was His prayer in the darkest hour. Though His body groaned in weakness "Father, why have You forsaken me?", His soul screamed "Father, into Your hands, I commend my Spirit"


He died to pay for my sins and took the curse to give me life. Each Good Friday reminds me of Easter. Will I die to my sin and ressurect as a New Creation?


Now I'm lonely. Darkness surrounds me. My soul is dry. My sight is lost. I'm hanging between Earth and Heaven. Earth waits to bury me to its depths. I can't lift myself up to leap towards Heaven.


Will I ressurect? Will the stone kept before the tomb move and will my soul come out renewed? Somewhere near; or is it far..I hear clearly someone saying.."For God, everything is possible."

2 comments:

Your comments are welcome...

To Captain, with Gratitude

  (Dedicated to Dr Rajesh M Ramankutty, Cardiothoracic surgeon, Caritas Heart Institute, Kerala. My Papa got a new lease of  life through a ...