Saturday 16 March 2013

I Quit the Queue to Join a Journey


Can I make a day without my Maker?
Can I save myself without my Saviour?
Will I stand against the tides of the day?

With sounds and lights around me circle
In spiral movements spin my troubles
I lose my steps and fall by the wayside

A leap towards the sky in hurry
A plunge towards the depth in despair
Never I reached anywhere I wanted

Thought I may be good at something
That I could reach somewhere before death
Still I find myself as a no one doing nothing

Days announce winners as they choose
News spread like fire bringing them fame
I remain at the back of the long  queue waiting

They say, talent and perseverance work
But I still have my doubts on this answer
And I lose hope in the making of myself

Ignoring the crowd, I give up my efforts
Turn to the empty space hardly crowded
A little is the number and no one waiting

The paths seem narrow and dark to walk
And long to reach at the end so fast
But a guide and light was gifted to reach the goal

I have to choose, here or there, in haste
Don't turn back, Master says, firm
I look at the Guide holding the Light, calling in love

I choose to leave the crowd where I was none
And take the sure way, with an identity confirmed
Hard was the path but sure are my feet and my heart

As I finish a mile or two I realize to myself
That the way of the world was a mad trance
And the days without Him was a hollow dance

2 comments:

Your comments are welcome...

To Captain, with Gratitude

  (Dedicated to Dr Rajesh M Ramankutty, Cardiothoracic surgeon, Caritas Heart Institute, Kerala. My Papa got a new lease of  life through a ...