Saturday 30 March 2013

At the Crossroads


Fear echoes in the hollow of my heart 
Forlorn, forsaken, forgotten
Silence shouts into my closed ears loud
Will I exist or will I exit?

A word found in no dictionary
A name unheard, a face unseen
A ghost within the walls, enclosed
Will I live or will I leave?

Without an identity, without a grip
I stand at the edge of an open cliff
A dry tree almost fallen on the wayside
Will I smile or will I sleep?

Voice crushed inside, no more to speak
I stare at the old shadows of fading memories
I touch the empty spaces that fill the present
Will I persist or will I perish?

Somewhere I hear the footsteps dear
Of my beloved Friend still near
Kindles the dying light of my spirit
Will I love or will I lose?


1 comment:

Your comments are welcome...

To Captain, with Gratitude

  (Dedicated to Dr Rajesh M Ramankutty, Cardiothoracic surgeon, Caritas Heart Institute, Kerala. My Papa got a new lease of  life through a ...