Sunday 27 January 2013

Another long day's end


A pain that lingers to my soul
A sigh that departs from my heart 
A debt that I feel so heavy
Is all that's left at the end of the day?

Money in my pocket
Friends in my life
Heights that I reached
Did they fail to succeed?

I loved and I was loved
I smiled, I laughed
I prayed and I cared
Yet did I miss something?

Something that money cannot buy
Something that friends cannot give
Something that is too costly
That I couldn't get for a price?

I could've been
I should've been
I must've been
Is there a day without these thoughts?

Sleep is all that I could hope for
On my cozy bed till day
A simple doubt, no answer seen
Will I get another day?

Same sets of resolutions
Burdens my heart forever
Delaying my sleep, destroying my peace
How long to be a fool of thoughts?

If tomorrow dawns 
If I get another day
If God wills
Isn't that enough for now?


3 comments:

  1. "I could've been
    I should've been
    I must've been
    Is there a day without these thoughts?"

    I loved this part

    ReplyDelete

  2. Indira Kanagasabai nicely put...interesting..sometimes everything seems so inconclusive..authentic doubts..thanks to what are called "tomorrows"..reminds me of the bond movie title "if tomorrow comes" ... what then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the balance sheet of life, 'regrets' are the liabilities. However regret can be erased through concrete resolutions for tomorrow. And then one can sleep peacefully!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome...

To Captain, with Gratitude

  (Dedicated to Dr Rajesh M Ramankutty, Cardiothoracic surgeon, Caritas Heart Institute, Kerala. My Papa got a new lease of  life through a ...