Saturday 19 October 2013

Parents, a luxury to have!

When very many children know no parents
And left to wonder who gave them birth
The rest possess a treasure named parents
Without ever knowing their real worth

Street or orphanage, makes their home
Many, forced to work all day long
When parents and siblings make a home
Alone they fight for a life too long 
  
They may find food and refuge
But they'll not know a guardian called father
Many a lives washed away in deluge
Without a guiding light called mother

Like a wayside plant they grow
Surviving all odds till they fall
Their own lives to the fate they throw
As no one cares to listen to their call

More pathetic are the lives that face
The loss of a parent in early years
A life, a love, gone with no trace
Left are they to survive their years

What will I do without my father?
How will I live without my mother?
Why did God take away my father?
Who’ll will love me like my mother?

Who'll wave me goodbye each morning?
Who'll polish and tie my shoes?
Who'll pick me up each evening?
Who'll wash and iron my dress? 

When all my friends talk about their parents
Where will I hide my tears from their sight?
I’m too small to take all these torments
Why am I deprived of my sole delight?

These questions resound, leaving echoes
From end to end, hurting the Earth
There may be words to soothe their pathos
But nothing brings back their home and hearth

Still life moves on to destiny’s choice
With smiles and laughter, tears and pang
Life rewards many moments to rejoice
Yet layers of vacuum, forever they clang

And if you had your parents hither
Till you could face life without fear
Thank God for them, forget not ever
They are the best gift, always found near

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome...

To Captain, with Gratitude

  (Dedicated to Dr Rajesh M Ramankutty, Cardiothoracic surgeon, Caritas Heart Institute, Kerala. My Papa got a new lease of  life through a ...