Sunday 30 December 2012

He sent the word!


At the altar I knelt with some nagging hurt which had to be healed
Tears flowed and I told Him what and how I feel and why.
I asked Him only one thing, to make me feel that He is enough for me
All I wanted was my heart to smile in my loneliness
I was sure that He would speak to me
But when I opened my Bible I didn't get a response
'The answer will be sent' thus said He to my soul
So, closing my Bible, I got back to my table, back to my work
I needed a marker desperately and I couldn't find any
Sure of the number and colour, I looked for them in every room, everywhere.
None was found, but the search brought out some other forgotten things
Happy to find a key chain for the car key, I wound up my search for the marker
Still in its cover, fresh and new, gave me some relief that my search wasn't in vain
I took it out and looked at the picture of the empty cross with His stole hanging on it
On the other side was written 'Jesus Never Fails' and I was happy about my finding
The very next moment I heard my soul say 'The word is sent'
What! The word? Yes, the word was sent. "Jesus Never Fails"
My heart filled, my smile came back, my joy was restored
I decided to start my work without the marker, but then I found something else
An orange ink pen which would be more than enough to replace the marker.
"Just with one word HE pressed His way through my madness and His love has healed my soul!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome...

To Captain, with Gratitude

  (Dedicated to Dr Rajesh M Ramankutty, Cardiothoracic surgeon, Caritas Heart Institute, Kerala. My Papa got a new lease of  life through a ...